John lewis fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
The pictures on the website look like it’s got the slider clips that screw on the side of the door.

If so then from memory the dummy door uses the normal hinges that fit to the carcase (non soft close hinges)

Yeah thanks Notch, i thought that. But the image even if you expand it isn’t a great view of the sliders. I think that’s what they are but was hesitant about taking a 900 quid punt cos of a few pixels lol. As you say the outer wooden doors are hinged onto the cabinet and retained with a sliding clip at the edge away from the hinge. I read somewhere that given existing doors must be used you can actually go from either (a) sliding to fixed but not the other way round, or maybe it was (b) from fixed to sliding but not the other way round. Can’t remember if it was (a) or (b) tho.

Made by Electrolux, if that helps at all?
They may know?

The User / install manual says nada on the cabinet door fitment!

Sponsored Links
Ah Electrolux - thanks Rodders. Yeah i supposed it would be some make just re-badged as John Lewis. I looked at Neff & Zanussi for clues but not Electrolux. The JL spec says country of origin Italy. The other fridge-freezers all have sliding or fixed in the spec but not this one. As far as I can tell JL support are waiting to hear from their “suppliers”. Hmm not exactly a high-tech question!
Regards Terry

Yeah thanks Notch, i thought that. But the image even if you expand it isn’t a great view of the sliders. I think that’s what they are but was hesitant about taking a 900 quid punt cos of a few pixels lol. As you say the outer wooden doors are hinged onto the cabinet and retained with a sliding clip at the edge away from the hinge. I read somewhere that given existing doors must be used you can actually go from either (a) sliding to fixed but not the other way round, or maybe it was (b) from fixed to sliding but not the other way round. Can’t remember if it was (a) or (b) tho.
yeah the picture of the doors open clearly show the brackets, but the image of the door open to see the bit the slider goes in is too low res to see.

I see the appliance is 560mm wide -does that give enough room for the door hinges?

what width is your existing

I think its this model

LNT3LF18S5​

Ah right. JL have width 545 and “space required to fit” = 560. I have carcase 560, dunno if JL are including hinges. Existing is around 543 - there’s a plastic strip down one side so can’t see to within a mm or 2.
As it happens the width doesn’t matter (within reason!) cos it’s on the end of a run. I built the carcases out of ply so once the existing is out I could just shim the end panel out a midgies if I really really had to.
Thanks i’ll look at the one you have found.
Obvs other fridge-freezers / dealers are available, but it took so long to reach this decision (partly on low decibels) that I don’t want to go through all that again.
Regards, Terry

Ordered it. Needed to move, Christmas looming! Thank you for your advice Notch7 and Rodders53.
Case closed.
Regards from Terry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back