Kitchen cabinets level but face not flush/straight

What I mean is that the bases are all then guaranteed to be level, then get the fronts square to each other and screw together. It is too easy to get separate feet not quite square, when it is one long run for the front and one long run for the back then they must be right. but going on Johnny2007's description some of the carcass manufacturers seem a bit sloppy.
They're never going to be millimetre perfect.
Your ones seem out by a couple of mm.
Very acceptable.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for the helpful advice! Having inspected the carcasses further (howdens flat pack), they are not all entirely square. Have squared two of the cabinets between my day job this weekend and hope to get the last one square and will hope to have a nice level across all three cabinets. Will report back with hopefully a finished picture - the power of this thread and its advice!

are you saying they are built with a say 3mm narrower back on purpose ?? to allow for deviation or am i misunderstanding what you are saying ??
to me a box should be an exact cuboid fully parallel and level
No, I'm saying the gables are rarely square.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back