Kitchen extractor fan/ducting

Thanks John, that looks decent. Wish I'd known all this before everything was installed but never mind. Would you use aluminium ducting for that rather than the white flexi hose?

Sponsored Links
If at all possible I'd use a non flexible ducting - corrugated stuff does interfere with the air flow but of course it is very convenient! It doesn't matter if it's plastic or metal but of course plastic is much easier to cut and form.
A lot depends on access to the space above the kitchen - connectors are available to extend the original ducting if you need to.
John :)

Last year I fitted a new hob for someone, and the extraction was actually in the centre of the hob. Not particularly unsightly either!
Ducts took the fumes to the outside - which I appreciate isn't possible for every kitchen.
However, it didn't half work well!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Should they have used one of those fancy neff ones - not sure what they're called but think they're meant for islands.

We have one of those, with rigid plastic ducting connected.

It cost an absolute fortune, but I suppose it looks nice.....

IMHO, I may also suggest that an iCON 60 isn't the most suitable product for a cooker hood replacement - they are far better suited as bathroom extractors.
They don't have the power, nor the cleanable grease filters, that conventional cooker hoods possess.
The opening mechanism is also elaborate, operated by a wax motor, and this may be susceptible to gumming up by grease.
A Google for "Ceiling mounted cooker hoods" will bring up some far more suitable products.

Agreed. I have an Icon 60 in my ground floor loo/shower room. From time to time I have to dismantle it to remove fluff from the sliding cover doors and blades. It is chuffin' noisy. Before long, that one will be full of (potentially flammable) grease , as will be the ducting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back