Kitchen Tap Flat O Ring/Washer, where to buy it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Can anyone help me in finding this O ring for kitchen tap? It is not a circular cross section O ring but a square cross section hallow ring. Not sure what it is called. I did a lot of search but couldn't find it. Attaching Photo.
Cheers!

Update
Thanks all for the help. Folks at Franke support has been helpful, they pointed that this is Davos model.
https://central-servicesuk.co.uk/davos

Unfortunately they don't stock the O rings for this model so search for a flat O-ring for this model is still on.

tap.jpg

KitcheFlatORing2.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Make and model of tap? Usually brand-specific and come as sets to replace.

Sure it's not meant to be round and just badly worn / has a flat - hence leaking?

But < square cross section o-ring > works for my search engine.

Sponsored Links
It's very old model of Franke tap.

Yes, I saw that website. found similar tap but not exactly same. I think my tap is too old where they have used squarish o rings which are no longer available.

https://central-servicesuk.co.uk/franke-tap-spares/danube This is the one which comes closest to my tap.

Yes, I saw that website. found similar tap but not exactly same. I think my tap is too old where they have used squarish o rings which are no longer available.

I think we have the same tap. We just measured the O-ring and bought a replacement off Ebay. Does it have to be square?

I think we have the same tap. We just measured the O-ring and bought a replacement off Ebay. Does it have to be square?
In the past I did replace it with normal O ring (circular cross section) it didn't work as water was leaking so I used PTFE tape around it which worked but it is so tight that can't rotate the tap.

In the past I did replace it with normal O ring (circular cross section) it didn't work as water was leaking so I used PTFE tape around it which worked but it is so tight that can't rotate the tap.

Our original, which I kept, looks exactly the same as yours. We used a 24mm x 2.5mm standard O-ring and it's been perfect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back