LED lights

Sponsored Links
is that 15-20 watts of actual light though (if so its a hell of a lot) or equivilent rating of halogen (in which case its not very much).

also color and reflector style can affect percived light output a great deal.

plugwash said:
is that 15-20 watts of actual light though (if so its a hell of a lot) or equivilent rating of halogen (in which case its not very much).

also color and reflector style can affect percived light output a great deal.

1.6 Watts total power

If its the former, then we may have just found the answer to the oil running out :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The output of 15-20W is the usually the halogen equivalent.

What I wanted to do was to have two or three of them in the ceiling above a whirlpool bath to create an romantic, sensu........ enough of that, lighting effect, as the lights in the bath it's self were over £150, so it doesnt need to light a room just the bath area.

Guess you'll just have to suck it and see. Probably taping a luminare to the end of a broom handle and holding it up to see if you like it before cutting or drilling the ceiling would be a good idea.

Also - if you buy those peoples' PSU it's a wall-wart - where will you plug it in?

Finally, you are aware that the law requires you to notify LABC in advance about the installation of these lights, are you?

This is part of a full plans submission for our house extension granted before part P

I have four of these above a doorway in my utility room and they are rubbish. They only seem to work when it's pitch black and are a complete waste of time at dusk etc.

Andy

ban-all-sheds said:
Also - if you buy those peoples' PSU it's a wall-wart - where will you plug it in?

if it were me i'd just bung a socket on the lighting cuircuit in the loft to plug it in but most sparks frown on doing that

David E said:
This is part of a full plans submission for our house extension granted before part P
That's handy.

David E said:
Thanks I will look elsewhere. Anyone any other ideas?
Wall lights on a dimmer can be very effective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back