LED wire strip made smart?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am trying to keep my posts shorter as when I have had my heavy pain killers medication, and tiredness I do over share…

Actual post

I brought some LED light strips, for the stairs at night so if you go down stairs you don’t fall over a cat. I do need to go and get a second one tomorrow.
The details of the lights are…
3 Meters
90 LED’s
Battery powered using 3 1.5v AA
Cool daylight

My plans - if it’s not physically possible please just let me know
Get 2 sets, and use a USB power socket to power both sets simultaneously.
Make sure all LEDs are at the same brightness and settings, hopefully using one battery pack as the controller for both lights
I want to connect both strips to be powered via a smart relay switch, so the lights will turn on, maybe at sunset or an hour before we go to bed, Alexa voice controlled too.

The smart relay switch, I don’t know the real name of the item, but I don’t need a heavy duty one like 10a 2200w so where would I get some?

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
While you have already purchased the "product",
here are some items you may wish to consider in the future
or
to use instead!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...order_list.order_list_main.148.22481802v7sHbj

As you will see, these devices
come in various lengths,
can be obtained in various "colours"
are rechargeable - via a USB connector (short connector supplied),
can be fixed by "magnet plates" (so, easily removed/replaced),
sense a "Human Presence" - within about 3 Metres (IRD)
and
are relatively cheap.

Sponsored Links
so if you go down stairs you don’t fall over a cat. I do need to go and get a second one tomorrow.

Wouldn't that increase the risk to at least double rather than reducing it?.... pretty serious commitment too.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back