Liability Insurance

Yes, OK!

It's a rip-off!

You pay the same, but end up with an inferior status!

I take your point about swelling numbers, but what I think the NIC wants is for you to look at the pricing structure and say to yourself "Well, F that, I might as well go full-blown NIC".

This is exactly what they want you to do - almost (but not quite) forcing your hand to go the full membership route.

Sponsored Links
I still reckon they're referring to liability insurance. Let's face it, you can offer a written guarantee that your work is up to scratch and honour it without having to involve a third party. It's between you and the client what work is agreed and to what extent you will or will not make good. If your installation fails then you fix it and pursue the manufacturers for any faulty parts.

Any damage you might do to the property falls beyond any warranty you might offer for electrical works completed so I doubt very much whether an insurance company would cough up against warranty claims insurance for anything that goes beyond the immediate scope of the work. Sounds to me like yet another safe bet for insurers - pay this premium, but don't even try to claim on it.

dingbat

I agree with you, but NIC/ECA seem to think differently. Left hand and right hand stuff, no doubt....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back