light fitting help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

this light fitting is driving me crazy i just moved into this house and cant figure out how to get the shade off for cleaning. Can anyone help me at all???

Vevvo

Sponsored Links
Possibly the grub screw on the large boss is holding the fitting on the central stalk, release [while supporting the fitting] this and the fitting will hopefully drop away allowing bulb access.
PIC of entire fitting would help.

ts always so obvious right after someone else says it!!! Thanks all especially Eightytwo!!!

light fitting defeated!

Sponsored Links
Please send some of what you have just smoked in an envelope to me, please.

PIC of entire fitting would help.
Or any picture. Are you a mind reader?
Mind reading was not necessary - only common sense. The OP was clearly referring to a photo ("this light fitting ..."), so those of us able to exercise common sense (and without bees in their bonnets about the abilities of newbies to embed photos in posts) surmised where it was and went and looked at it!

Kind Regards, John

It matters not whether someone has been here for 1 second or 1,000,000 years - laziness is still to be deprecated.

Until someone can put forward a convincing explanation of why a poster could reasonably find it quite within his grasp to cope with steps 1 - 8 of the process needed to put images in posts, but equally reasonably simply not be able to manage 9, 10 & 11 (and nobody so far has succeeded in showing how this could be the case), I shall continue to form the only reasonable conclusion, which is that they just couldn't be bothered.

There are no other options - either they were incapable of doing the last 3 steps, or they just didn't bother.

To me that attitude is wrong, wrong, wrong, and common sense says that you do not pander to people who think they don't have to bother, and you do not reinforce their belief that it'll be OK to do a half-****d job because other people will put themselves out to go looking for information to help them get their questions answered.

yawning1.jpg

Please provide a logical, reasoned explanation of why it is harder to follow the instructions if you are a new user than if you are not.

Please provide a logical, reasoned explanation of why it is harder to follow the instructions if you are a new user than if you are not.

Logical and reasoned you want, well here goes. It just is.

Why you have a problem with that, is your problem not ours, so suggest you work it out for yourself. TTFN :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back