Lighting for a lean to shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put some lights into this lean to shed. As seen here, it is not very wide and around 6 metres long. It has two sets of double doors and will have a bunch of shelves, internally.

1724781168888.png

Can I please have recommendations on the lights I could use for this. I am taking a feed from an outdoor light above and hence, can position these wherever they are most effective.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Wiring these in 20mm conduit and want two lights operated by their own switches. I don’t think there is any option to continue a cable through this light and out the other end into the next? This is for the live feed going to the next switch.

In which case, do I take my live feed into light switch, switch cable to first light and then live out from switch to the next switch?

Will I be able to push 3 x 1.5mm cables through a single 20mm conduit?

Thanks for your help.

Will I be able to push 3 x 1.5mm cables through a single 20mm conduit?
three twin and earth? Why??

Into the first light, from the switch, you'll only have have neutral, earth and two switched lives. You extend the N. E and the second switched live to the next fitting. So, that's 4 conductors in the first bit of conduit.
Two lengths of T&E will do it. 1mm² is big enough (why 1.5mm² ??).
If you are determined to waste the World's copper resources and use 1.5mm², you could strip off the outer sheath and run the wires as singles. That's what conduit is designed for......

Sponsored Links
three twin and earth? Why??
Why not? Is it that shocking to suggest that.

Here’s a diagram from Flameport where the “loop at ceiling” method is used.

IMG_4641.jpeg

We have “3” T&E.

Incidentally, I’m not taking my Live feed into light as restricted for space.

Instead, I am opting for this method. Another very useful diagram from Flameport.

IMG_4642.jpeg

This also has 3 wires.

I appreciate there may be other methods and especially ones that are known to the experts. As a DIYer, this is what I am following.

Why is this so alarming to you?

You are opting for the second diagram. Loop in at the switch. See that cable that goes to the light? You just need two of those. You could do it with one bit of 3-core + earth.

Or are you thinking about a conduit to the switch?

Use 1mm and singles, if it’s tight. It cannot be. OSG will tell you the limits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back