Looking for a small air compressor where you can dial in the pressure you want

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after a small portable compressor that allows you to set the pressure you want it to maintain (down to 2psi for finding vacuum leaks in emissions systems), and which will work silently (when it's not refilling the tank). What's the entry level price for something like that? I've been using a digital tyre inflator up till now, the main problem being that there's no tank, so it's always making a loud noise while it's running.

Sponsored Links
May be better with a smoke machine unless your leak is a split that occurs under pressure

Sponsored Links
Maybe something like this?
Yep, that's it exactly - thanks :)

I've actually built my own smoke machine and was looking for the compressor to actually blow the smoke. After experimentation I found a Halfords bike pump with buit-in PSI gauge actually worked pretty well - not completely silent in operation, but virtually silent compared to the digital tyre inflator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back