Macerator and wet wipe problem. Can anything dissolve them?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We have spent the last 3 days physically cutting (with a saw) huge clumps of rag out the intake screens at a medium size site. When a 12cu yard skip is filling in a week purely with material that's been removed at the first stage of treatment, and I'd say 95% of that is Rag, it's a pity people aren't as vocal about what is getting put down the WC instead of (where they claim) some of it is ending up.

However, that isn't the worst, apparently someone managed to put a motorbike engine down the sewer somewhere, which eventually made it's way through, and jammed the Archimedes screw lifting the sewage into the site, causing it to overload and catch fire....

We have spent the last 3 days physically cutting (with a saw) huge clumps of rag out the intake screens at a medium size site. When a 12cu yard skip is filling in a week purely with material that's been removed at the first stage of treatment, and I'd say 95% of that is Rag, it's a pity people aren't as vocal about what is getting put down the WC instead of (where they claim) some of it is ending up.

However, that isn't the worst, apparently someone managed to put a motorbike engine down the sewer somewhere, which eventually made it's way through, and jammed the Archimedes screw lifting the sewage into the site, causing it to overload and catch fire....
WTF?!?!

And it all starts with people not giving a toss about what they toss down the pan!
It's the reason why I make sure their house stinks of shit when I go to unblock them and find what they've put down it... Only way they'll learn!

Johnnies are funny though. Did a job once, pulled manhole lid up to find a number floating on the water. Customer sniggers and says 'Looks like someone being enjoying themselves'. He wasn't smiling when he found out the drain only took his property.

He'd had the snip so either his Mrs was playing away or his Daughter was entertaining her Boyfriend. We didn't hang around to find out.

Johnnies are funny though. Did a job once, pulled manhole lid up to find a number floating on the water. Customer sniggers and says 'Looks like someone being enjoying themselves'. He wasn't smiling when he found out the drain only took his property.

He'd had the snip so either his Mrs was playing away or his Daughter was entertaining her Boyfriend. We didn't hang around to find out.

Posted a very similar story a little while ago x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back