Major disorder in Leeds

The owner of a restaurant in Harehills said the disorder was linked to local children being taken into care, adding that some people responded by setting fires and "throwing stones".
I understand that a certain demographic of taxi drivers in Leeds could get very upset at vulnerable children being taken to a place of safety….

Sponsored Links
Looking at the videos on Twitter, I think most of the footage was filmed in Gaza, they all looked Asian, and a lot of mention of Roma Gypsies ? Did not look or sound like Yorkshire.

It certainly was! That area used to be a fairly good one, now it is predominantly, black and Asian - not at all a nice or safe area to be in. This is one of the very same areas, affected by riots, a few years ago.

Sponsored Links
I understand that a certain demographic of taxi drivers in Leeds could get very upset at vulnerable children being taken to a place of safety….

In the video, it appeared to be just youngsters trying to destroy the police car.

It certainly was! That area used to be a fairly good one, now it is predominantly, black and Asian - not at all a nice or safe area to be in. This is one of the very same areas, affected by riots, a few years ago.
Are you sure? Harehills has been a hell-hole right from when the first back-to-back terraces were built in the late 1800s!

That is more Batley, Dewsbury and the general Kirklees region on that front but Harehills is a real melting pot of cultures and has had a large Asian population for many years with a more recent influx of Eastern European immigrants and it only needed a spark to kick something off but always baffles me why people willingly take part in destroying the area they live in !!!

Last edited:
The guy blatantly (and maybe proudly?) standing there trying to set fire to a bus?!?

If the authorities catch up with him, I'd be very interested to know what his eventual sentence is, if anything.

Yes I know there were dozens more involved, and I'd say the same of them.

Are you sure? Harehills has been a hell-hole right from when the first back-to-back terraces were built in the late 1800s!

I don't remember the 1800's, but 50 years ago, it wasn't nearly as bad as now - I would not then divert around it, but I certainly would now.

How the heck are the police going to round up those who 'took part'. It's hardly ever happened before as you just cannot capture everything and everyone.

Most of these idiots were filming themselves- proof will be on their mobiles
Are you saying those that set fire to the bus and clearly are seen to be doing so, should be allowed to walk away without any retribution?

What about those that damaged the police car and were throwing stone- are you ok with that?

There was a similar riot in Swansea a couple of years ago. All the culprits were arrested from social media footage, as they were filming themselves running amok.

Sponsored Links
Back