Making rugs lay right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a bunch of rugs from Turkey for my hallway. These two small ones keep crumpling up when walked on. Anyway to keep them laying flat all the time?
20240518_123057.jpg
20240518_123050.jpg
20240518_123046.jpg

Sponsored Links
You can buy "under mats" for rugs but I think they only work for hard surfaces.

I guess that you could (possibly) use a staple gun.

Sponsored Links
Rugs, flat or not, aren't suitable for a hallway. Did you buy them from delboy?

Rugs, flat or not, aren't suitable for a hallway. Did you buy them from delboy?
They would never really say where they live, I think it's down south somewhere (as in central Scotland).
There's these del boy characters that travel about the Highlands in an unmarked xlwb van selling "genuine" persian/turkish rugs. All at "knockdown" prices. They have a list of estate houses, castles etc and just turn up every month or two, ring the bell, and ask if they can interest you in any rugs. If you show even the slightest interest within seconds they are pulling them out the van and unfurling all these rugs across your driveway.

I used to see them all the time when working at one place, and a woman doing the cleaning expressed an interest in a doormat, I'm sure the price started off at like £80 but by the end it was £20 and the rug seller was pleading poverty at that price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back