Motorised valve stuck

Interesting. Makes one wonder why we are advised to have all these expensive (and liable to go wrong) zone thermostats, zone valves, tvrs. etc. which gain points or are advocated in the HIPs. If one followed your advice and the system was properly designed, one would only need one thermostat. I'm obviously doing the wrong thing in my attempts to save energy and money. However, I don't like my bedroom to be as hot as the room I am sitting down in and it seems wasteful to heat more than minimally bedrooms which are not in use. Sounds like another good reason for downsizing.

I did try turning up the upstairs stat so that it didn't cut out; we now have ticking all the time, starting in the pipes in the cellar. Can Drayton trvs cause ticking. I notice I don't get it in the rads which have Danfoss valves on but perhaps that's because they are further from the boiler.
Or cd the rads be scaled up because the water has been too hot? I give up.

Sponsored Links
Interesting. Makes one wonder why we are advised to have all these expensive (and liable to go wrong) zone thermostats, zone valves, tvrs. etc. which gain points or are advocated in the HIPs. If one followed your advice and the system was properly designed, one would only need one thermostat. I'm obviously doing the wrong thing in my attempts to save energy and money. However, I don't like my bedroom to be as hot as the room I am sitting down in and it seems wasteful to heat more than minimally bedrooms which are not in use. Sounds like another good reason for downsizing.

I did try turning up the upstairs stat so that it didn't cut out; we now have ticking all the time, starting in the pipes in the cellar. Can Drayton trvs cause ticking. I notice I don't get it in the rads which have Danfoss valves on but perhaps that's because they are further from the boiler.
Or cd the rads be scaled up because the water has been too hot? I give up.

Just wonder if you eventually got problem diagnosed. I would be interested in knowing the outcome. I appreciate it is several years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back