moving into the house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We’re in the middle of renovating our house and had to move out. We ended up switching builders because of some issues, and now the place we’ve been renting has been sold, so we need to move again. The bedrooms and bathroom in our house are finished.Would it be acceptable to move back into our home at this stage? Will building control approve this? Are there any other factors I should consider?"

Sponsored Links
Unless the building is going to be structurally unsound during the building work, or you will have no access to a toilet, there shouldn't be a problem.

It might be uncomfortable, and the builders may complain as you could get in the way, but I doubt BC will have an issue

I did a full height ,full width rear extension, new roof and ground floor extension in a property while still occupying with foster children, really depends on the wife.

When we renovated our current house, it wasn’t ready when we moved in

The bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen were complete

As for BC - I doubt they would even know

Sponsored Links
As the house is existing, there is nothing to stop you living there no matter what state it is in. It's different when building something new, in that case it has to be completed and certified suitable for occupation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back