Multiple TV outlets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way of wiring multiple TV outlets (4) on the basis that only 1 will be used at once, without having a TV splitter box? Can they just be daisy chained together or done as radial circuits? :?:

Sponsored Links
splitter boxes usually have a signal amplifier so if you only have 1 tv on then you should be ok. (we have 2 they work fine)

What I wanted to do was put TV outlets in various parts of the room on the basis that only one outlet would have a TV on it, depending on the furniture layout, the others would not be used at all. I was trying to avoid the cost of a splitter box. :eek:

You cannot just "split" a TV signal. Every time you do this you get less than 1/2 of the signal from each output. You must amplify the signal first then split it. A disribution amp. is the only proper way to do this and a good one is going to cost a fair amount. You can get them with up to 20 or so outlets and some have the ability to accept FM radio input as well as T.V. The amp should be located neer to the Aerial ( poss. in loft ) and the seperate leads run to each socket. Its a bit of a radical solution but if you do it right it works a treat.

Sponsored Links
I agree to a point but if he runs the cable round the same room with connection points as and where he wants,(he also said only the one tv on at a time) i would say an amp is a bit ott, different rooms them yes same room.........no

but he could always try it with out and see

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll have to go for the backup plan of taking all the cables to the loft and then I can go up there and plug a different one onto the aerial if I want to change position! I can always later on install an amp if TVs are required in more than one place at a later date. I could even put a power point in for it! :)

I bought a cheapy 4-way amp from Neweys for someone. Worked a treat and didn't cost much either.

Years ago I got my hands on a double t.v. outlet socket (#1) from Mitchshaws in Brum (long gone, but tlc sells them), we'll say the r/h side was connected to the aerial, the l/h was connected to a single outlet (#2) on the other end of the room.
When it was time to turn the room round, the t.v. was plugged into #2 and a very short connecting lead connected the l/h and r/h outlets in #1.
It worked fine, wouldnt know if you could stretch it further though and you couldnt see the socket outlets for the t.v. or settee/furniture.

Well theres the cheap way and the proper way... take your pick but remember Digital signals like it done the proper way.... :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back