Multipoint front door lock getting jammed

Many thanks. Yale could not give me any pointers as to whether it was the lock or gearbox but were happy to offer me a 10% discount on a new lock!
Based on crank39, which sounds very logical, I will go the gearbox route first. Looking at the link you kindly provided the outer fixing holes match dimensions on the door. The multilock strip is also marked Millenco but cannot do any other measurements before stripping. It would obviously be nice to have the replacement so I only have to strip once. Will not hold you to it but I'm guessing there is a fair degree of certainty that, from the video, you think this is the correct model given that you sent a link?
Many thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Yep I'm pretty confident, yours is quite distinctive as the centre hook points down, a lot of the Yale's point up. Yale, Millenco, Lockmaster all the same thing.

Pretty sure on the PZ but backsets can vary on composite doors from 35mm or 45mm so worthwhile checking, thats from the faceplate backwards to the centre line of the spindle

Many thanks crank39. That's really helpful. Job for the weekend.

Sorry one last question and will leave you to your evening. Front of faceplate, rather than front of gearbox - looks like its 45mm..
IMG_3762.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes that's it, front of faceplate/face of door edge back to the centre line of the handle = 45mm

Brilliant. will get one ordered for the weekend.
Have a good evening and thank you again for your help.

Just a quick note to say thank-you. Gearbox changed on the weekend and the door is now back to normal. Much appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back