My kitchen refit.

After a month or so of use, a couple of observations.
Two ovens: Apart from the fact that we’ve only used the bottom oven once so far (always use the smaller top one), Mrs Mottie pointed out that (a) I paid extra for the 'slide and hide' oven door and then (b) Because there was nowhere to place the tray when basting roast potatoes or meat or whatever, I then paid extra for some special slide out tray runners! I didn't think of that..

View attachment 350661

View attachment 350662
But you did. If you rest a hot dish on the door would it crack or shatter? If it cracked when you or the boss is in the middle of a big roast what would you do? How much would it cost to replace? Particularly in the day?

Sponsored Links
But you did. If you rest a hot dish on the door would it crack or shatter? If it cracked when you or the boss is in the middle of a big roast what would you do? How much would it cost to replace? Particularly in the day?
Hot dish on a hot door no problem, I do it all the time on the top oven and did it before with our previous oven. The slide and hide door material is no different to the non slide and hide door.

Hot dish on a hot door no problem, I do it all the time on the top oven and did it before with our previous oven. The slide and hide door material is no different to the non slide and hide door.

I can't imagine a built-in oven being that useful, without somewhere to put hot items down. Here, we have worktop either side, with boards on top, to avoid damage.

Just found the thread. Congrats, great job!!
1f37b.gif

Sponsored Links
A couple of shelves, some blinds and a splash of paint has taken the starkness of the white away and made it look a bit more homely.

IMG_6694.jpeg

IMG_6697.jpeg

Bought another wood table and chairs (ash, for a change!) - she’s always wanted an Ercol - and the other end is looking….a bit better but not much. I think I still need to possibly to paint that dresser to tone down the wood on that side of the kitchen.

IMG_6695.jpeg

* It’s bloody hot today and the dog has her cool coat on - she's not wrapped up as some kind of cruel torture!

Last edited:
How about painting the dresser the same colour as the kitchen units?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back