Neighbour wants to put Scaffolding on my driveway (No PWA) (Ed.)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Right lads, down the gable and round the back.
SmartSelect_20240912_180139_Edge.jpg

Right lads, down the gable and round the back.
Just say that he does not allow the scaffold on his property physically then where does it stand if the scaffold is not actually on his land but over hangs his land. Like a gutter would do if a wall was built on the boundary. Is that what you mean when you say down the gable and round the back.

Just say that he does not allow the scaffold on his property physically then where does it stand if the scaffold is not actually on his land but over hangs his land. Like a gutter would do if a wall was built on the boundary. Is that what you mean when you say down the gable and round the back.
A property boundary goes vertically up into space, and down to the earth's core, so the same rules apply.

A property boundary goes vertically up into space, and down to the earth's core, so the same rules apply.
I that case I should charge a fee for every plane that crosses my boundary and every satellite and all manner of radio waves crossing my land.

Not quite, the air boundary only exists where it there is an ordinary use of the land and the structures on it, hence aircraft do not commit trespass and the depth is limited to where a it can reasonably be accessed. And in large swaths of the country the abstraction of any minerals is covered by the original sale of the land for development, whereby the seller or their estate retained the right of abstraction, compensation for property damage being payable. See Cornwall and South wales for blanket mineral rights.

I that case I should charge a fee for every plane that crosses my boundary and every satellite and all manner of radio waves crossing my land.
They've already dealt with your cunning plan. The Gov has over fly and mining rights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back