New oven - rated 16a

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a new oven the book says it should be fitted to a 16a circuit. I don't have a cooker circuit in the kitchen, can I spur off the 32a ring circuit with a fused outlet, say 16-20A? Can you get fused outlets above 13A? and what cable should I use, 2.5mm?
thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
whatif said:
I've got a new oven the book says it should be fitted to a 16a circuit. I don't have a cooker circuit in the kitchen, can I spur off the 32a ring circuit with a fused outlet, say 16-20A? Can you get fused outlets above 13A? and what cable should I use, 2.5mm?
thanks for any help

13A is the max for a FCU. make a new radial from the CU using a B20 breaker and 2.5mm T+E. altho, if you can i would recommend 6mm or even 10mm from the CU to the cooker, just incase you do get a higher powered cooker, itll save havin to rip the 2.5 out and replacing it with the 6 or 10

Or even a 16A breaker, since this is what the manufacturers recommended.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back