new socket

pipme said:
Regional Co-ordination Unit ? ... Downriver from incomer or Cu .. Only Edward knows ... but then again ???

P

Downriver from incomer.

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
RCU??? what am I like?? sorry, RCD !! Yes it will stop me from getting a probably fatal bolt off the fuse box, that is if it works (which it seems to) but that is not the issue, if it doesn't work then accepted, I'm toast
As you will be if you're the link that completes a live-neutral circuit, for which hazard an RCD provides no protection at all.

And are you sure about the downstream bit? How can that protect anything, other than, say, one socket circuit?

Eddie M said:
pipme said:
Regional Co-ordination Unit ? ... Downriver from incomer or Cu .. Only Edward knows ... but then again ???

P

Downriver from incomer.
Doh - this came in while I was typing my previous reply....

So when you said the the FB was protected by a downstream RCD, you meant upstream....

ban-all-sheds said:
Eddie M said:
pipme said:

P

Downriver from incomer.
Doh - this came in while I was typing my previous reply....

So when you said the the FB was protected by a downstream RCD, you meant upstream....

Down, up, I don't know !! Between the meter and the CU.

Sponsored Links
And even better news, the existing shambles is all going next week just accepted a quote, the original wiring is fortunately in good nick, basically requires a CU swap out, incorporating the various original CU's and RCD into one unit. Split load considerations and final config to be completed, but around the £300 - £350 mark, quite happy really, I don't like working on that old CU.

BTW, I'm sorry for hijacking the origina;l post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back