No apology. Mayor.

Sponsored Links
I'm surprised a higher percentage of people in the public eye don't lose their rag with reporters, they can be conniving and devious and lead you into confrontation quite easily knowing that if you do blow your top you will be all over the front pages. so i do feel a little sorry for Ken.
As time goes on i suspect we will hear more of what actually happened so in the meantime i think his comment that he can't say sorry as he wouldn't mean it has paved the way for the reporter to have his say
and when the full facts are out then judgements can be made.

I wonder, if the journalist wasn't jewish, would they have kicked up such a stink? Now I presume the journalist didn't start his interview with "shalom", nor wearing a great big Star of David. And in the photos I have seen of him, he isn't wearing a yamokah (skull cap).

So, I guess it is safe to say that Ken didn't think "Hey, this guy's jewish, how can I offend him thoroughly?!" He was using an analogy. My first choice wouldn't be to accuse a journalist of war crimes, I must say!

The man is a car-hating g*t, but he is not an anti-semitic car-hating g*t.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reporter had a cameraman standing next to him ready to snap any reaction he may have got.

Sponsored Links
Whether he has been taken out of context or WHY is not the point. He would seem to have slipped up somewhere, even though he obviously didn't mean it. If he just explained himself and apoligised it would be the end of it. By refusing he appears arrogant as well, in the end they always say sorry anyway.

Did anyone hear the spokesperson on the news though at lunchtime? he said it was a publicly funded party and not a private one so he should apologise.

Anyone any idea what the bash was for?

;)
....after a party at City Hall marking the 20-year anniversary of former culture secretary Chris Smith coming out as Britain's first openly gay MP...
Might have guessed not working !!
ken and his ilk deserve to be hounded -- He makes life difficult for some - Therefore he should never have an easy ride either !!
Yep! even the most trivial of happenings -- like the one in question I imagine --- Give no quarter to these lefties ... do not give the sucker an even break !! Weapon of Mad Delusion.

;)

david and julie said:
Whether he has been taken out of context or WHY is not the point. He would seem to have slipped up somewhere, even though he obviously didn't mean it. If he just explained himself and apoligised it would be the end of it. By refusing he appears arrogant as well, in the end they always say sorry anyway.

Did anyone hear the spokesperson on the news though at lunchtime? he said it was a publicly funded party and not a private one so he should apologise.

Anyone any idea what the bash was for?
Don't know if you watched the latest interview with Ken just now on the news? I think that you may be being a bit harsh on him as he has said he's nothing to hide but doesn't want this badly timed incident causing any problems to the IOC inspection and has agreed to meet jewish communities and whoever else to explain himself in a few days when the IOC have left.

Backing down as predicted !! -- On too much of a good thing to let a some beer talk destroy it. :p

pipme said:
Backing down as predicted !! -- On too much of a good thing to let a some beer talk destroy it. :p
Pip, I doubt very much if the press will let it lie so we will see.

If you actually read what he said and the context, he was comparing the activities of this reporter with a concentration camp guard who was "just doing his job" without regard to the people who might not like what he was doing.

As the Mail and the Standard have been waging war on KL for the last umpteen years I can imagine him getting p*ssed off with them now and again. It's a good press campaign but the accusation that he's anti-semitic just doesn't wash. He's supported just about every ethinic, religious minority (and majority) going in his time.

He might have made a few enemies along the way and I have no great love for the bureaucracy he created in the old GLC but he took on our Tony and won. Gets my vote any day.

pipme said:
;)
ken and his ilk deserve to be hounded -- He makes life difficult for some - Therefore he should never have an easy ride either !!
;)

Why? I thought Ken was democratically elected? He certainly had my vote! This city has benefited tangibly since he took over.

Kendor - thought you were going to totally ignore anything D&J said from now on? There was talk of a £500 bet. Or have you guys made up now and I missed it?

It could be kendor is slowly getting fed up with Blair's ;) nah, I don't think so :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back