No heating from Danfoss thermostat

Giving us more information on your system,pictures of control gear,wiring centre, motorised valves etc would be helpful
Ive added some pics; does this help? Please let me know if you need other info.

Attachments

• 20241006_091931.jpg
    20241006_091931.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20241006_091951.jpg
    20241006_091951.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20241006_091958.jpg
    20241006_091958.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 3
Sponsored Links
As @terryplumb suggested earlier, it is likely to be a zone valve problem, or voltage isn't reaching the stat to begin with.
The zone valve is the logical thing to check next.
Having a multimeter, would also help greatly at this stage.

Sorry, didn't notice the above reply when I posted.
Yes I have a multimeter; but I am a novice here so please tell me what Im checking next. Cheers.

It appears that you have an unvented cylinder.

I'm afraid my knowledge is lacking here.
I know the the 2 port valve for hot-water "should" only be serviced by someone G3 registered on an unvented system.
@terryplumb , @Madrab can a heating valve on the same system be serviced DIY?

Sponsored Links
Your last set of pics shows a motorised valve ,it's the metal box with yellow warning label. Is that close to the cylinder?
You must have a few of those ,you need to establish which one is connected to the heating circuit.
The heating circuit valve doesn't need to be serviced by a G3 engineer ,having said that you have a fairly complicated system ,with under floor heating, radiator system,and unvented cylinder and I strongly suggest engaging a G3 certified engineer to do any work required on it .
You could check that the thermostat is receiving voltage yourself ,although I doubt that's your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back