Notable Obituaries.

BBC News - Jamie Reid: Punk artist behind Sex Pistols record covers dies at 76

Stivino beat you to it, old sport;)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That's shook me a bit. Didn't realise he was 80, then again, all my heroes are knocking on a bit, not sure how I'll cope when Bob goes.

That’s a brilliant song, I remember first seeing it in the film Easy Rider.

I pulled into Nazareth, was feelin' 'bout half past dead
I just need some place where I can lay my head
Hey, Mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?
He just grinned and shook my hand, "No," was all he said

Robertson’s manager of 34 years, Jared Levine, wrote: “Robbie was surrounded by his family at the time of his death, including his wife, Janet, his ex-wife, Dominique, her partner Nicholas, and his children Alexandra, Sebastian, Delphine and Delphine’s partner Kenny. He is also survived by his grandchildren Angelica, Donovan, Dominic, Gabriel and Seraphina.” In lieu of flowers, the family asked that donations be made to the Six Nations of the Grand River to “support a new Woodland Cultural Center”.

Obituary@theGuardian

One of the first vhs cassettes i bought was 'The Last Waltz'. An epic concert that showed just how important The Band were to Bob Dylan.

Read on @ Rolling Stone...

And then we begin at the end, with the weary members of the Band shuffling onstage to hoarse cheers. “You’re still here, huh?” asks guitarist Robbie Robertson. “We’re gonna do one more song, and that’s it.” Drummer Levon Helm stretches; bassist Rick Danko smokes a cigarette and wishes everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. They’ve been at this five or more hours now, poring through their back catalog and backing every celebrity guest along for the ride. Along with pianist Richard Manuel and multi-instrumental mastermind Garth Hudson, they tear into a funky “Don’t Do It,” their customized cover of Marvin Gaye’s “Baby Don’t You Do It.” After the last note, Robertson says, “Good night. Goodbye.” Exit, stage left.

Sponsored Links
Back