Old Conservatives don't understand

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Which is completely different from the original comment of thatcher caused it by introduction of Miras
I never said that

I said it was one of a number of factors…which is indisputably true.

no mr half wit you said from 1983 when it was introduced are you struggling with that and not intelligent enough to realise it had been in for over 100 years
MIRAS was introduced in 1983

There is no need to get angry, it’s not my fault you are wrong

Buying council houses since the 30`s
There is a fundamental difference

Thatcher stopped councils building more council houses.

Council houses were a stabilising factor to the housing market, they dampened the control by the private sector to profit from it

Without council houses, lots of working people are forced into expensive private rentals

and you havent put any figures up to discredit it despite putting a link up that proved council houses were sold long before thatcher
And i see your using the word discount thus admitting there was a discount to be had
Gas making himself look silly again

Let’s look the facts instead gas spouting nonsense.

Here we go:

Sales of local authority housing prior to the Housing Act 1980 were relatively limited. Between 1957 and 1960, 16,000 council houses were sold in England. The 1980 act led to a surge in sales. Over 100,000 properties were sold for each of the first three full financial years following the passing of the act”

MIRAS was introduced in 1983

There is no need to get angry, it’s not my fault you are wrong
i see you have not got a clue that people could claim the equivalent tax relief for well over 100 years miras just mad it easier and at source

Gas making himself look silly again

Let’s look the facts instead gas spouting nonsense.

Here we go:

Sales of local authority housing prior to the Housing Act 1980 were relatively limited. Between 1957 and 1960, 16,000 council houses were sold in England. The 1980 act led to a surge in sales. Over 100,000 properties were sold for each of the first three full financial years following the passing of the act”
so another one who agrees council houses were being sold well before thatcher ,,,,,glad your helping clear that up

so another one who agrees council houses were being sold well before thatcher ,,,,,glad your helping clear that up
Yes I’ve cleared it up, the details matter

Poor gas digging an ever deeper hole for himself

Before Thatcher: very few were sold
Thatcher was the cause of 1.5 million being sold

Yes I’ve cleared it up, the details matter

Poor gas digging an ever deeper hole for himself

Before Thatcher: very few were sold
Thatcher was the cause of 1.5 million being sold
so yet again someone agreeing council houses were sold pre thatcher and over 5000 sold in 1956 not long after the war when people were skint suggests it was quite a popular option

Sponsored Links
Back