Old Union Locks without Keys, how to find key code..?

This is above my pay grade, but levers are available to purchase.

I have no idea if asking a decent locksmith to convert the locks into key alike (for example) would be more expensive than just buying new locks.

It would. The sets retail at around £20-£30

You can buy a decent copy lock, new, made by Zoo, with two keys, for about £18

With practice, you can swap the levers yourself, and get a new key to suit, but I have never seen lever sets for a cheap lock like the one here. The ones you link are for BS3621 5-lever locks. Even then, VFM is doubtful, unless you are in the trade and go round changing locks in shops and offices every time a manager leaves, and it saves you carrying crates full of new locks.

I keep some spare levers removed from Chubb locks, to rekey my own, and can decode keys and levers. If I have to buy new levers, they cost around £3 each.

Sponsored Links
This is the exact lock measurements.
Union 2077 3 Lever Horizontal Mortice Lock - 124cm

so if you measure you own, precisely, in inches, I think you will find it measures 5", 2", 4", 1", 1/2"

the metric numbers are a conversion, and near, but not precise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back