Om651 fuel problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just tried starting car after work on engine and I disconnected all injectors and lines. I bled the fuel rail and fuel is getting to the injectors from the rail but the fuel return line is dry on cylinder 3 put my scanner in and I got codes for p008700 and p026900 for cylinder 3 the fuel pressure is at 4 bar so is fine and it starts but misfires don't get why it's only cylinder 3 I've tried everything. Engine is om651thanks

Sponsored Links
Maybe it's a faulty injector?
I guess you could try swapping it to another cylinder and see if the fault occurs there.
John :)

I've got a few injectors tried them in same cylinder all throw same code but the fuel is getting to them so im gonna chase the wiring and also inspect the leak off hose plus the connector

What work did you do on engine and why?

What fault codes were there before starting?

Sponsored Links
I changed timing chain, tensioner and gears all was timed correctly, p026900 is only code I have now and it's the balance contribution fault but the connector on the injector isn't fitting all the way in like the others thinking of swapping the clip. After I accelerate it misfires once when warm and doesn't again but when I uncouple the fuel return line off of injector 3 it comes out very slow Asif no flow but all other injectors it just flows out of that must be the problem I'm guessing I was maybe thinking timing but everything was double checked and it's all in time and spec thanks

Was it all running OK before starting the work?

Is it a problem that's happened since rebuild, or from previous is my point

Ye was running rough before both 3 and 4 injectors were covered in soot stuck in cylinder, didn't have the check engine codes though heard the injector connectors do break but I'm gonna drive it as when revving it sounds okay can't hear any interference plus it turns over very smooth by hand

Now I have fault code p020300 for fault or an open circuit on cylinder 3 injector

I was right I must not have plugged the connector in right I've just took it out it stalled a few times ran rough all codes kept coming back so I messed with connector tried forcing it in and it clicked again and all codes have gone and she runs smooth and pulls luckily I tried that

Sponsored Links
Back