one end of the filling loop is so small for pipe

the origonal filling loop at one end cut off and then a silver loop fitted to fit on to the part that is to big

ill just go and take a picture of the under side of the boliler

Sponsored Links
we did have a filling loop but the screw was to worn way to use so a plumber told me to change it. he said it was a staight forward job and would only take me 5 mins. i would call him but i dont really have the funds. so trying to sort it my self.
i did think that there would be a part i could but that fit the filling loop at one end and the boiler at the other. but im starting to think that it not that simple

Good morning Mrs. W - I hope you don't mind me butting in!
I think the best way to sort this is to replace that washing machine tap with a compression brass 'tee' - Toolstation 48873. Then, a short stub of 15mm pipe plus the original filling loop nut and olive and you'll be able to connect up.
If you wanted a belt and braces job then you could always introduce another tap, Toolstation 67155 for example - but you'd need two short stubs of 15mm pipe.
(Sorry not bright enough to post pics - I'll get there some day :p )
John :)

thank you so much it makes sence now, i have watched a video about how that part goes on and now fully understand. one last thing i amsuming i turn the water off first.

Sponsored Links
Indeed, that would be an excellent idea :p
This sort of job can be carried out by anyone reasonably competent - however, as with anything every silver lining has a cloud - but not a heavy one in this case!
There is a chance that after the old washing machine valve has been removed, the olives, which should be trapped on the original pipe may not seal into the new tee piece....this is unlikely though and can usually be sorted with a few turns of PTFE tape and some sealant.
If you do call a plumber he will have all he needs with him...but if you do decide to give it a go, remember you can always put the old bits back if you get unhappy with the job!
Be lucky
P.S B&Q should have all you need, assuming you have some spanners / grips!
J.

i have reserved my part and the tape to be on the safe side. i will now go and pick it up get on with the job, thank you all for you help.

Good morning Mrs. W - I hope you don't mind me butting in!
I think the best way to sort this is to replace that washing machine tap with a compression brass 'tee' - Toolstation 48873. Then, a short stub of 15mm pipe plus the original filling loop nut and olive and you'll be able to connect up.
If you wanted a belt and braces job then you could always introduce another tap, Toolstation 67155 for example - but you'd need two short stubs of 15mm pipe.
(Sorry not bright enough to post pics - I'll get there some day :p )

Which is what i said 3 days ago ;)

That looks like a washing machine valve which is 3/4 inch and your filling loop is 1/2 inch ?
Get rid of it and put a 15mm compression tee,a short piece of copper and then your filling loop will fit onto that

From your 'tee' piece, outwards to collect the filling loop or extra tap, courtesy of the backnut and olive.

would that also be called a pipe insert?

My husband ingnors me and is usless around the house wich is why i am doing this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back