OSB or plasterboard for garage ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m planning to construct a ceiling in our integral garage as it’s feeezing. It is a pitched roof. The bedroom above has pink PB installed by the builders from new. It’s the pitched part that is open and needs addressing. As there’s no room above does it need to be fire retardant PB or can I use OSB? There is no heat source so thinking insulation would be a waste of time and money. There also seems to be so much information about U values, thermal bridging etc and it’s all a little confusing.

I asked about the wall plate yesterday and got some helpful replies. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 8
Sponsored Links
There are 4 x soffit vents along the front of the garage. The cold air just pours into the garage. Plus we had some roofing work done and the leading edge is now breathable membrane instead of the heavy felt and the garage just seems so much colder. The ceiling would hopefully isolate the cold air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back