Part one float valve washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On new part one float vales the washer is sort of intrigated in a plastic piston. What is it like on old part one float valves? I don't think they had a plastic piston in them?

Sponsored Links
On new part one float vales the washer is sort of intrigated in a plastic piston. What is it like on old part one float valves? I don't think they had a plastic piston in them?
The last one I dismantled the piston was brass, 2 parts threaded together. You might need to warm it up with a blowtorch to undo it, which will ruin the washer, but no matter if you're changing it.

The middle washer in this kit looks like the part one float valve one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-16-16-30-24-04_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-16-16-30-24-04_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 17
Sponsored Links
The middle washer in this kit looks like the part one float valve one?
That's right, it looks like a kit for both Part 1 and Part 2. The bigger black thing is for Part 2. If you're using the plastic piston, if I remember right the washer pushes in from the side. If you re-use the brass one, unscrew it, take out the old washer, replace it and screw back together. A smear of silicone grease on the threads doesn't hurt.

The old valves were know as Portsmouth pattern repaired many as a apprentice.
New washer file all all old crap of piston and split pin lubricate put back in.
Wouldn't do anything else than replace now.

Thanks yes you can replace the valve body without taking the valve tail out of the tank? Can you swap a part one for part 2 ? By doing this guessing not

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back