Paving over a Gas line in the garden?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We're moving to re-do our garden next week, and I am wondering what to do. The current state of the garden inherited disaster with mud and old concrete tiles 60x60 - not nice. nice. In the picture below, I have visualized the external wall where the kitchen
The gas box is on that wall, and underground, there's the line, covered with little river stones. Is it okay if I cover that with new porcelain tiles 60x90cm (~30kg per tile) or it's not advisable?

Any comments are welcomed.

1728503118247.png
1728503412940.png

Thanks.
J

Sponsored Links
The gas pipe to my house is under a concrete slab with sand/paviors on top of that so I can’t see it being a problem. Most gas pipes to a house boundary are under something, aren’t they?

The gas pipe to my house is under a concrete slab with sand/paviors on top of that so I can’t see it being a problem. Most gas pipes to a house boundary are under something, aren’t they?
I agree; most are under something, I just wonder if the weight of the tiles won't be much or if, since I will lay screed / mot and tiles, the combined weight might be too much or probably not.

Sponsored Links
How often do gas pipes need lifting for repair? That would be quite unusual. I wouldn't alter your design to account for something so unlikely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back