PCB's & that kinda caper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone considered using the services of a firm as such as this ?

HERE

I used to use em a lot when in the Lift fixin' game (Lots of processor boards were £700 a pop +) Goodly cash saver if ya can have a complete test done & a £75 bill for repair :cool:

Sponsored Links
I dont see why any professional would find that of any use for boilers.

They are not approved by the manufacturer and we ( CORGI ) are only allowed to fit parts designed for the purpose.

He could repair your old valve radio though! AC/PEN etc.

Tony

I was just working on the principal that if the electronics develop a fault, the assembly recieves replacement componets & then is re-instated ..... I know of a few CAA approved board repairers, kinda makes you think, if Boeing & the CAA are happy whats up with the Gasman ? ....... Anyways each biz has its own governing regs & practices.

CET in Watford recons pcb's, fans, etc. The owner used to be on here. Maxie Raden. His pcb's are quite cheap.

Sponsored Links
manufactures tend to update pcbs through out the boilers life, often without anyone who fits them even knowing, this is usually to improve or change the boiler operation. If you buy a reconditioned one you wont have the latest version from the manufacture.

John

Don't the manufacturers employ the Unipart numbering system.... Or at least a version of it ?

partnumbers.jpg

This is Standard Practice through out the proffesional electronics industry.

Employing the principal of backwards compatability (But thats another issue within its self) :idea:

There usually is a logical system..... Well thats if the manufacturers have there act together there is :)

oakland99 said:
manufactures tend to update pcbs through out the boilers life, often without anyone who fits them even knowing, this is usually to improve or change the boiler operation. If you buy a reconditioned one you wont have the latest version from the manufacture.

John

Tell it to the Micron and Suprima owners.

Fair chance the CAA approved repairers have the design and test specs to retest the board to.
Boiler board bodgers just guess.

Doctor Drivel said:
CET in Watford recons pcb's, fans, etc. The owner used to be on here. Maxie Raden. His pcb's are quite cheap.

He was Geoff the last time I saw him.

But his fans and repaired PCBs are not manufacturer approved. He does them quite well but they will never be approved by the manufacturer because they make so much money from selling spare parts. One Potty fan is about £250 at the trade price!

I would be surprised if any firm was licenced to repair flight critical PCBs for aircraft. They would have to carry a lot of liability insurance!

Even Geoff would probably hesitate to repair the autopilot and ILS systems.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back