Planning permission for a double garage not associated with a dwelling (in Wales)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wish to build (or rebuild) a lock up garage big enough for a car and trailer (boat/motorcycle) and a small amount of storage - but all the articles are about garages associated with a dwelling - what if it's not?

Garage would be a 'double' one behind anoher or side by side 30 M2 or less, electrical connection but no other services.

Where could I find guidance on this?

Sponsored Links
My architect gave me two prices.
One for plans.
Another for plans and getting it passed as he would do free adjustments to drawings to get it through.
You can also phone up local planning department for a chat. They are helpful.

Thank you - it's at the working our if a site is feasible/looking for a site stage - so interested in what principles are likely to apply, rather than a direct enquiry to the department at present.

I take your point on paying for plans and managing the planning process.

Imagine it's in a field you own, and you want to store a mower and horse feed there. Under 30 sq m internal area, no PP or B Regs required. What's not similar in your sitch?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back