Polycarbonate Roof Covering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all….Looking for some roofing advice please….

We have a lean to conservatory which we use as a utility room and which has a polycarbonate roof.

Last year, we dropped in a plasterboard ceiling including insulation which sits underneath the polycarbonate which is all great but I now hate the look of the polycarbonate roof from the outside and am also worried about leaks, so I want to cover the polycarbonate roof.

My question is, what can/should I cover it with? Ideally, would like to have a lightweight tiled finish, so could I just cover with membrane, batons and then light weight tiles? Or do I need to add marine ply first as well?

I’m a DIYer and will give most things a go but this is my first roofing project!!

Any advice will be hugely appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Hello all….Looking for some roofing advice please….

We have a lean to conservatory which we use as a utility room and which has a polycarbonate roof.

Last year, we dropped in a plasterboard ceiling including insulation which sits underneath the polycarbonate which is all great but I now hate the look of the polycarbonate roof from the outside and am also worried about leaks, so I want to cover the polycarbonate roof.

My question is, what can/should I cover it with? Ideally, would like to have a lightweight tiled finish, so could I just cover with membrane, batons and then light weight tiles? Or do I need to add marine ply first as well?

I’m a DIYer and will give most things a go but this is my first roofing project!!

Any advice will be hugely appreciated!
It's a habitable space beneath and a utility room, to boot. Bunging these various layers on top of each other, with little thought for venting, is going to create condensation traps aplenty.

You need to build a roof with a plan for venting and insulation.

So, I’d need to basically remove the polycarbonate roof element and build a new roof from scratch?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back