Porch extension Roof pitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m having a porch built. The porch is tiny. As I am moving the front door from its current position to the porch entrance - making it in essence an extension.

With regards to the pitched roof…
To adhere to building regs was timbers would be needed and with regards to insulation would that be needed between the rafters? The guy who is doing it has done loads but is a little out of date with building regs.

Any advice would be vastly appreciated. The porch is 1.5m wide x 1m deep

Huge thanks
Cate

Attachments

• FA5A0E1A-4A73-4472-8983-C3586CD3F04F.jpeg
    FA5A0E1A-4A73-4472-8983-C3586CD3F04F.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 8
Sponsored Links
Builder doing it is “out of date with regs” and you’re asking on here for the insulation and timber spec - be careful…

At a guess, 100mm pir between rafters and another 50mm below across them, meaning at least 5x2s. I may also be out of date tho, can’t remember if the recent changes mean that’s not enough

400mm of quilt between and over the ceiling joists. Don't insulate the rafters.

Was your builder up to date with the floor and wall insulation too?

And ventilation of the roof void?

Sponsored Links
Building control were okay with the footings etc. if you have any general advice I’d really appreciate it - thank you so much

I thought except for electrical and glazing porches of this size were building regs exempt?That's not to say insulation is not a bad idea but it is not a specified requirement as such as if there is no heat in porch you do not need to retain it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back