Possible Rot of Some Sort In Walls?

If it does start to reappear then I would suggest you get someone in from the council to figure out exactly what it is. If the room is well ventilated, and you use a dehumidifier, then there shouldn't be an issue with mould so it could be something different.
Providing it is mould, I would imagine that killing the spores with the bleach solution will be enough to remedy the issue - just make sure you rinse the walls after using it before applying your new paint.
I would suggest using an anti-mould paint such as Dulux Trade Mouldshield but that is pretty expensive (especially if it doesn't work!) so you might want to opt for a regular eggshell finish emulsion, which should be good for cleaning any further mould spores from.
As for using sugar soap to clean it, I don't think it would be the best product because it can be harsh on some paint finishes and is usually used to prepare surfaces, or for cleaning heavily soiled areas.

I hope you get it sorted. :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back