potterton pcb

raden said:
...you tried to diffuse my last mega-rant
Indeed I did, more out of loyalty to those on the forum, who deserve more respect than I do, whom you were attacking.

I do seem to have got caught in a CORGI bashing mode
Well, I gave you the benefit of the doubt because I thought you deserved it. However, the bashing, as you say, didn't stop. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Are you actually a real engineer with a degree

...or just aniother fitter ?

Sponsored Links
raden said:

F**k me raden - can't you give it a rest?

raden said:

sorry Geoff been covered hundreds of times before, but the first time anyone has implied a degree is a pre requisite to be an engineer.

Did I start that one?

NO I don't think so

Is my online persona one which is given over to not replying in some sarcastic way to a jibe like that ?

No, I don't think so

ollski said:
raden said:

sorry Geoff been covered hundreds of times before, but the first time anyone has implied a degree is a pre requisite to be an engineer.

Not in my book, probably because I have workd a good few years in Germany where it is illegal to call yourself an engineer without a degree, and also probably because you don't often come in contact with enginees

Being an engineer means having acquired a degree in engineering or related subject ( my degree is in physics) and having demonstrated some engineering skills / being a member of a professional body (By which I mena IEE oe IEEE, not CORGI), that you can ENGINEER something - not just exchange a faulty part (or not, depending)

Sorry mate - you're a fitter

Never called myself anything else but we won the war my friend and German laws have diddly squat to do with us. Mind you the German model has its good points, their heating guys would never work on the rubbish we do...if they don't have good access to components they simply won't install or work on the units.

If I recall correctly the definition of engineer is someone who applies scientific and mathematical knowldge to solve a problem.

raden said:
Not in my book, probably because I have workd a good few years in Germany where it is illegal to call yourself an engineer without a degree, and also probably because you don't often come in contact with enginees
But, clearly, you don't often come into contact with spellcheckers.

Why do you believe that a degree is the only means of demonstrating engineering skills?

Why do you believe that some RGIs can't also be engineers?

hate to say it, but ...

that excludes most fitters, then

I know there's a spell checker here
my main problem is one of beer in the keyboard causing keys to stick and beer going down the gullet causing the wrong keys to be hit

(pure poetry)

I tend to drink a lot of rochefort #10 which is 11.3% and very sticky and not at all good for a keyboars

and as I always say DIGAF ?

I know a lot of people who are natrural engineers, it's a way of looking at the world, there are not many about. I am lucky enough to employ one of this rare breed - an ex BG fitter. There is no way I could have made my company the success that it is without him

.. and all for farthing an hour

However, AFAICS most CORGIs don't fit into this category - I could expand on this, but I don't want to upset you again

Why do you believe that a degree is the only means of demonstrating engineering skills?

Why do you believe that some RGIs can't also be engineers?

See above ^^^

I am quite prepared to call some people without a degree engineers, because they undoubtedly are, but it's a right that has to be earned, not one that comes about because you know which end of a screwdriver to hold

Come and work for me for a week - I'll tell you whether you are an engineer or not

raden said:
However, AFAICS most CORGIs don't fit into this category - I could expand on this, but I don't want to upset you again
For the record, since you've declined to discuss this, I'm not upset by you, just bored by your blinkered views.

Come and work for me for a week - I'll tell you whether you are an engineer or not
I don't work for anyone. I already know what I am, and it's nobody's concern except mine.

This isn't about me, it's about you and your stupid little mission against RGIs. To be frank, I've finally had enough of pointing out to you that you're about as successful at keeping your prejudices private as a lace hankie would be at carrying tar.

So feel free - I'm now past caring. Pray continue, unfettered by my intervention, in your vendetta against people whose skills you have no basis for assessing.

Softus said:
raden said:
For the record, since you've declined to discuss this, I'm not upset by you, just bored by your blinkered views.

I'm quite wwilling t discuss anything - my views are not blinkered, they are just mine

'Scuse me if I don't bow down

I don't work for anyone. I already know what I am, and it's nobody's concern except mine.

This isn't about me, it's about you and your stupid little mission against RGIs. To be frank, I've finally had enough of pointing out to you that you're about as successful at keeping your prejudices private as a lace hankie would be at carrying tar.

Oh dear, you're annoyed

(chalks one up)

So feel free - I'm now past caring. Pray continue, unfettered by my intervention, in your vendetta against people whose skills you have no basis for assessing.

Softus, you're just no fun

I can tell that deep down you're not happy

unfortunately - I'm here and unlikely to go away

and,despite the fact I love you all,
I'm taking no prisoners

CORGIs are fair game

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back