Potterton Profile 100NG Overheat

I see, if a customer says to me that a certain part of the job has to be done by a certain time then I will do it as long as it is physically possible.

I always have a policy of never being the trade that holds the others up, even if it means late night working or weekends.

Doesn't normally happen to me though as 99% of the time I won't do work for builders etc because all my work is allocated time slots and builders expect you to come and go as they please because they can't plan ahead :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
A pump has to be the correct way up as the system will be designed for the water to flow one way only :eek:

What customers think is that if the writing is upside down then the pump is "upside down"

To correct this "fault" you loosen the head and rotate it !

I always install a pump the right way up but few others bother!

Tony

Agile said:
gas4you said:
A pump has to be the correct way up as the system will be designed for the water to flow one way only :eek:

What customers think is that if the writing is upside down then the pump is "upside down"

To correct this "fault" you loosen the head and rotate it !

I always install a pump the right way up but few others bother!

Tony

why dont you save yourself the bother and tell the customer that it is right and not to mess with things that dont concern them? :idea:

Sponsored Links
If I've understood the OP correctly, originally the pump was running 'backwards' ?

If the flow and returns on the boiler were also originally incorrect (amazing what diyers are capable of) the boiler would function correctly.

If a new pump is fitted, now pulling the water from the boiler return...

The temp sensor doesn't register the correct water temp and the overheat trips!

The moral of this story.

Check the flow and return connections are correct on the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back