Powder coating radiator

Sponsored Links
They look like this. They do them in 1000 and 1200. I need an 1100 as this is what is in and I can't alter pipes can't get under the floor is tiled no access

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-10-06-15-52-37-10_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-06-15-52-37-10_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 3
Nope - painted - as I suggested before
No but I have sprayed a few. Changed both my bathroom tall myson towel rads from white - one to black and one to anthracite.
Recoated 2 white rads too.

Hung them on wires from the garage rafters. I found the trick was get them well prepped with scotch brite and then really clean then - 3 full coats of etching primer, 3 full coats of paint and then 3 coats of matt lacquer (satin on the white rads) and let each coat dry well. Couldn't be happier with the result.

This is the anthracite one - again used to be gloss white

1728226530421.png 1728226565542.png 1728226608009.png

Sponsored Links
Yes a Matt black one. They should be able to get a similar finish you'd think?

I would certainly think so ... I'm sure someone with more experience of powder coating will advise but I believe they can create any finish needed but it does come at a price for bespoke one off's usually.

They look like this. They do them in 1000 and 1200. I need an 1100 as this is what is in and I can't alter pipes can't get under the floor is tiled no access
I suppose you could use some telescopic radiator valve tails and fit the 1000 long one?

I suppose you could use some telescopic radiator valve tails and fit the 1000 long one?
Yes I thought of that would need like a 75mm rad tail extension for each side. Don't think would look very good

Yes I thought of that would need like a 75mm rad tail extension for each side. Don't think would look very good
I have to be honest - I've used them a few times and try to use the solid ones - the telescopic ones leak just by looking at them IME.

I never like them, they just looks naff and very amature'ish IMO.

Yes would be solid ones I think would look poor though too 75mm extensions either side

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back