Pressure drop in Vaillant ecoFit Pure 825- 835

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, my Vaillant ecoFit Pure 825- 835 combi boiler has been running fine from 2019 till early 2024. We have had a mains water pipe leak due to which it had been off for a few months.
The leak was fixed and we switched the boiler on but now its pressure constantly drops. It is still under warranty and the engineer checked it out. Said no leak and replaced vessel, replaced LWPS?, AAV, PRV.
And 3 parts fitted.
It showed error F75 and then F22
Dropped from 2.1 to 0.3 overnight. It does come back on if I repressurise and works till the heating is on. Soon after it is switched off it loses pressure gradually.
What could possibly be the problem? Could the pressure switch be defective?
The radiators were bled recently during the annual service. Could this contribute to the problem?

Sponsored Links
You either have a leak on your system or an internal leak in the boiler's main heat exchanger. It can be tested by turning the boiler off and using the isolation valves to shut it off from the system. If the boiler pressure drops with the valves closed, it's a leak in the boiler. If it stays steady then it's a leak on the system.

You're a little confused about your model number, incidentally. Ecofit Pure are either 25, 30, or 35. 825 and 835 are ecoTEC Plus models. And it's only one of them, it can't be both an 825 and an 835, that's two different boilers

You either have a leak on your system or an internal leak in the boiler's main heat exchanger. It can be tested by turning the boiler off and using the isolation valves to shut it off from the system. If the boiler pressure drops with the valves closed, it's a leak in the boiler. If it stays steady then it's a leak on the system.

You're a little confused about your model number, incidentally. Ecofit Pure are either 25, 30, or 35. 825 and 835 are ecoTEC Plus models. And it's only one of them, it can't be both an 825 and an 835, that's two different boilers
Oh. Thank you. I am not very savvy with equipment. I listed the information from the manual regarding the model number.

Could you guide me as to which one is the isolation valve please?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back