Pressure escaping from heatslave boiler. but where?

Here is a picture of my current setup. I have reconnected another pipe since taking this photo and now have 1 radiator left which appears to be the problem one now.
You can see the 22mm pipe in the wooden box and it rund round from the boiler and eventually goes upstairs. There is a T fitting which originally went directly to the manifold and then the downstairs rads but I had the pipe cut and the original fitting twisted round and gate valves fitted. The rest I did myself which took quite a bit of time as I am a novice.

Sponsored Links
Your cheapest option and also to validate a leak, is to try using a leak sealer,they do work. obviously it wont repair the the leak but it will give you some idea if you have a leak.

Definately worth a try, keep us informed ;)

Thankyou both!

I have the plumber coming back on Monday (no heating till then! brrrr!) but he is going to start from scratch and 100% rule out the boiler.

I have asked him to cut the pipes from the rads to the boiiler, seal them up, attach a pressure meter, pressurise them and see what happens. I want to be certain before we take up a newly laid kitchen tile floor, start ripping up concrete and ruin our christmas.

Then i think i will suggest that we try a leak sealer as suggested just in case (cant hurt and is probably worth a punt considering what digging up the concrete floor will mean).

Will keep you updated (hopefully with good news). :confused:

Good luck. I reconnected my front room radiator today and can definetly confirm that is where the leak is. Going to see if a pipe detector will show where they are in the concrete and then cut the carpet to see if there is any discolourisation.

Sponsored Links
Today something new!! I pressurised the system, put the hot water on for 15 mins before i went to footy and then tried to get a shower. No hot water from taps. Boiler running and heating tank. I turned of water and turned on heating as a test. Boiler switched itself off and pump failed to kick in. Pipes started to make a light knocking sound. Heating out pipe red (and i mean red) hot. Went upstairs to check other rads amd only two were hot (both towel heaters) and when i say hot i mean nuclear! Am sat here now having turned it all off and am cold. What on earth is going on?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back