Pyronix Alarm Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, bit of a strange one, but here goes.

Friend of mine is selling house, has an alarm managed by a company who charges a lot of money for simple things. The alarm is playing up, so basically she either wants the engineers code from the company, or basically I'm going to put my ear defenders on, action the tamper alarm, remove the lot from the walls and bin it.

If the company will not give us the codes, is there a way of doing some kind of evasive reset back to start? Really she just wants it disabled for good, the new owners aren't the least bit interested in it.

We think it's a Pyronix Enforcer, looks like one from the google searches.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
easy to default it, but it will need all devices reprogramming onto it

disabling it isn't too bad

go up to bell, remove plastic cover over the PCB and disconnect the battery
remove mains (fuse from the spur)
open panel and remove battery (just plugs into the board)

that'll disable it

Thanks, wonder how to default it? If we did, I could reprogram everything again.

Disabling it sounds fine though.

My own alarm which I fitted years ago is a Texecom, managed by myself, though I know some people probably get an insurance discount when it's managed by a company.

Really simple to back door the system and gain engineer access no re-programming required

PM’d you

Sponsored Links
Silly question here, but......the 3.0v lithium battery packs in the siren, are they rechargeable at all?

I'll just change the batteries, the house is being sold, with a working alarm, so we'll just do what we need to for now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back