Quality Cookware

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a handful of decent pans. An old copper bottomed SS frying pan which cooks well if the oil is smoking, but that is not ideal.

And we have a Le Creuset casserole dish and a smaller non stick pan which were wedding presents (approaching 26 yo). The Cass dish is great, but the nonstick one is not!

The rest of our collection is cheap alu non stick pans that have been replaced several times and some Tefal frying pans ditto.

TBF, the Tefal gear is not bad, but the non stick wears off eventually.
And some people (naming no names, sweetheart) insist on using metal utensils with non stick stuff.

So, I am looking for a decent set of saucepans and a couple of frying pans that heat evenly and have decent non stick performance.

Any recommendations, please?

Sponsored Links
Unless you can put a stop to a certain someone

using metal utensils with non stick stuff

I'd save your money.

FWIW, I have an Anthony Worrall Thompson saucepan that is years old, certainly not pricey, and is still clean, and easy to keep so.

A Scoville Neverstick frying pan, about £15 and, again, clean, non-stick, and easy to keep that way.

Wooden kitchen implements in them only!

1719584575705.png

One of these; about £15, IIRC

Sponsored Links
If you are after something other than non stick, then I can thoroughly recommend Prestige saucepans.

We had to give our Prestige ones away as they didn’t work on our new hob. Had them for at least 20 years. We've recently changed from a gas hob to induction. We got a free set consisting of two pots and one frying pan that was an offer from Neff. We looked and found we had one frying pan (Jamie Oliver - brilliant), a griddle pan and a flat bottomed wok that were suitable for use on the new hob. We bought a small milk/gravy pan which I think was about thirty quid. Ideally I’d like to get a full set of the same make but I’m going to take my time looking around. One main thing we do need is an 8” saucepan to be able to use the top two tiers and lid of our steamer as the bottom part doesn’t work on our hob.

I can recommend IKEA 365+ stainless pots and pans (and also their cheap Koncis oven pans for that matter). Cheap as chips and work well on Induction.

They work nearly as well as the Schulte Ufer set we got with the Bosch/Neff/Siemens job we bought, but at a fraction of the price.

Their non stick fry pans work well, using the plastic spatula they sell! Doubt any non stick pan would last using metal utensils.

If you are after something other than non stick, then I can thoroughly recommend Prestige saucepans.

My Mum is still using some Prestige copper bottoms that were bought not long after she got married 67 years ago. So yes, I'd recommend Prestige. Only thing is the company has probably been bought out several times since then and are now outsourcing to countries with cheaper labour rates.

I used to buy the grey or black surfaced, none-stick frying pans, but none ever seemed to remain none stick for long, no matter how carefully used. Some years ago, I came across a new type of none-stick, which was supposed to be much tougher. The surface is a speckled appearance, I bought one, found it near indestructible, and went on to buy three more. Several years later, they are still good as new. They are not quite a none-stick as the conventional surface, but they do claim you can use ordinary metal implements with them, without damage.

Our other pans, are all just plain stainless steel, these just last and last, clean and look like new.

PFAS is toxic and using high temperature or metal utensils can cause the PFAS to be released into the food... Just yet another thing that will give you cancer, incase there weren't enough already.

Some years ago, I came across a new type of none-stick, which was supposed to be much tougher. The surface is a speckled appearance, I bought one, found it near indestructible, and went on to buy three more. Several years later, they are still good as new. They are not quite a none-stick as the conventional surface, but they do claim you can use ordinary metal implements with them, without damage.

Are they called "stone" coated or something similar?

Sponsored Links
Back