Quote for floor

“To apply a standard 3mm coat of Ardex NA latex smoothing compound to the kitchen subfloor,
allowing extra latex to build up the floors in the hall and diner aproximately 8mm.
To supply and fit Amtico Form Large Parquet 18 x 4" Luxury Vinyl Tiles laid herringbone laying
pattern in the colour (to be advised) without borders or stripping, fully adhered with Amtico HT Extra
adhesive, finished in the lounge doorways with standard Ali door bars as required”.

Sponsored Links
I'm in Surrey and those prices are probably looking about right for quite a lot of prep with premium materials which let's face it, higher end product like Amtico Form requires/deserves.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys,

I’ve gone with it for now. It’s just a little annoying when quotes arn't broken down so a consumer can see the costing. I have no idea how many bags of latex/adhesive are needed or cost.

If the quote said 3 x labour at £300 a day plus £x for floor, x for above etc then would be better to get an understanding.

I’ll post a pic when it’s done.

Thanks Guys,

I’ve gone with it for now. It’s just a little annoying when quotes arn't broken down so a consumer can see the costing. I have no idea how many bags of latex/adhesive are needed or cost.

If the quote said 3 x labour at £300 a day plus £x for floor, x for above etc then would be better to get an understanding.

I’ll post a pic when it’s done.

Reality is, that fitting work will be priced not as a day rate but by the m2 being fitted.

Same as the preparation materials, your looking at an area with a tolerance for the m2 and the depth.

In all likelyhood, they'll use a bit more material than they expect and swallow that cost, if you want it itemised by bags etc, I can guarantee you'd pay more than pricing the way they have.

Floor prep is far from an exact science where building areas up is concerned, likewise, priced by the m2 to fit, you'll pay the same if they finished in 3 days or if it runs into 4, if you want it priced by the day and it ran over, would you be happy paying an extra day labour?

Judging by the materials and specification, you are likely to have a very nice fitted floor for the price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back