Raised Decking and planning permission (Ed.)

100% Charlie. I’m not sure how seriously the council takes invasion of privacy into account too. The 5 and 6 year olds can see straight into my kitchen . The tenants have suggested putting a fence up if I am willing to contribute half of the cost - they caused the problem so I’m certainly not being out of pocket as a result of this.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mikey, I hope it does work in my favour. The neighbour’s landlord has arranged for the decking and the neighbours won’t disclose who the landlord is. I will leave it in the hands of the planning dept at the council, I’ve submitted the form to the planning dept.
For £3 you can go on the internet and see who owns the property

Even if it's within the 300mm rule, there are plenty of threads on this website where councils ignore this rule, and pursue homeowners for decking that is within the rules.

This may work in your favour!

I would certainly be complaining to the planning dept of the council, although I would definitely speak the neighbours first, and explain your concerns
And cases where councils have ignored and lost on appeal. They can't ignore the legal definitions even if they try to. It's black and white. Either it complies or it doesn't

And cases where councils have ignored and lost on appeal. They can't ignore the legal definitions even if they try to. It's black and white. Either it complies or it doesn't
I agree 100%, but some councils take it far enough that a lot of people would rip it out without playing chicken with them, as they don't consult the experts on here or planning jungle!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mikey, I hope it does work in my favour. The neighbour’s landlord has arranged for the decking and the neighbours won’t disclose who the landlord is.
That's what they told you, I wonder if the landlord has any clue about it.
Most landlords are stingy and wouldn't fork out for unnecessary decking.

I’m wondering that too especially with them not willing to provide me with his/her contact details. I will find out who it is regardless using land registry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back