Range tribune HE Help Please

Sponsored Links
They said that it can lose pressure until the system settles and that could be 1 to 3 months. Is it me or is that just a lie to stop me calling them out.
And badly connected is that dangerous ?

Sponsored Links
but the outer black sheath should be inside imo.

And badly connected is that dangerous

DtQFj5-X4AIgyKt.jpeg

It is sad quality of work is only seen as words on side of vans and advertising blurbs but in practice it is not there

Is the boiler getting serviced ( properly) and is there no responsibility undertaken by those carrying out a task? In age of internet telling a customer a tale soon gets found out

It is sad quality of work is only seen as words on side of vans and advertising blurbs but in practice it is not there

Is the boiler getting serviced ( properly) and is there no responsibility undertaken by those carrying out a task? In age of internet telling a customer a tale soon gets found out
What does service properly look like they check for gas leaks check pressure and turn on heating. They haven't bleed the radiators in the whole 6 weeks they been working on it but they have emptied the water tank twice. Someone was calling today but didn't show so called and apparently they are coming out tomorrow. Different engineers which seem to not be talking to each other or looking at the previous issues. I have an autistic son age 16 and this is in his bedroom and he texts me to ask if it's going to blow up when he's asleep.

What does service properly look like they check for gas leaks check pressure and turn on heating. They haven't bleed the radiators in the whole 6 weeks they been working on it but they have emptied the water tank twice. Someone was calling today but didn't show so called and apparently they are coming out tomorrow. Different engineers which seem to not be talking to each other or looking at the previous issues. I have an autistic son age 16 and this is in his bedroom and he texts me to ask if it's going to blow up when he's asleep.
A proper service is what the boiler manual dictates. In my book that is a minimum requirement.
On the boiler one would be checking the condensate trap, carrying out flue gas analysis, might even check gas consumption if a flag was raised by the enduser and also check the red vessel for charge pressure. Gas leak- not relevant unless it again has been mentioned. Oh, check system water though I rarely do that

Radiator bleeding is an old wives tale. Know an old lady who habitually bled the radiators every week until she dropped the bleed pin and never attempted to bleed the radiators again. If the radiators need bleeding then there has to be an issue that needs addressing. Bathroom towel rails collect air for fun but I suspect it must be materials used that breaks down the water but I could be wrong

WRT cylinder. Check tundish and that white vessel for pressure. The manual may ask for other checks.

Boiler might only blow up if every safety device has been over ridden- it will in most cases fail long before it blows up.
Your cylinder on the other hand could just do that but even then you would need to push it hard on every safety scenario and then some and it might even then refuse to blow up.
In a nutshell. There are first, second, and third level of safety built in to stop catastrophic failure

If above service was done, then you would not be having issues you do.
You cannot pick the gas engineer, those folk who can are in a better position as when they call their engineer, the engineer is familiar with the setup and the history

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back