Rat Filth, Insect Filth, even Rat Poo is allowed in US Foods - Lovely

Action levels are triggered when you go above them so by definition they are allowed below that level.

So are US food standards higher than UK food standards?

Why do they want to water down food labelling standards as well?

I am genuinely interested in this. The can you explain why there are higher levels of food borne illnesses in the US?

Larger distances for road transport, parts of it hotter than the UK, healthcare not so good as the UK, so more deaths due to minor issues.

Sponsored Links
I have read the article. Interesting reading.

So looking further into this

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmintrade/481/481.pdf#page=30

" some key differences include: (i) the US uses chemical
washes, such as chlorine, in its production process;180 (ii) the US uses growth hormones
in animal feed (e.g. ractopamine in pork);181 (iii) GM foods are sold without labelling in
the US; and (iv) 82 pesticides banned in the EU can be used in the US.182"

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmintrade/481/481.pdf#page=30

washes, such as chlorine, in its production process;180 (ii) the US uses growth hormones
in animal feed (e.g. ractopamine in pork);181 (iii) GM foods are sold without labelling in

Chlorine washing is needed due to poor farming standards.
Hormones
GM foods -for which the US dont have traceability
And the illness and death rates are much higher for food poisoning

The facts stand for themselves, with or without the odd rat dropping :ROFLMAO:

How about you reverse it and see what allowed in the EU but banned in the US?

Sponsored Links
How about you reverse it and see what allowed in the EU but banned in the US?

Baby Milk Forumula for one. 4.14 onwards. EU Forumla Milk doesnt containt Corn Syrup. US formula you can make up the 100% carbs with table sugar.

Over to you. If you want to defend the US Food standards be my guest.

Baby Milk Forumula for one. 4.14 onwards. EU Forumla Milk doesnt containt Corn Syrup. US formula you can make up the 100% carbs with table sugar.

Over to you. If you want to defend the US Food standards be my guest.

I'm not defending US food standards, but you are looking through through only one prism. I'm not the one arguing EU standards are always better. Look the other way around, I'd bet there are things allowed in the EU that are banned in the US.

I'm not defending US food standards, but you are looking through through only one prism. I'm not the one arguing EU standards are always better. Look the other way around, I'd bet there are things allowed in the EU that are banned in the US.

They are but many times its due to big corps lobbying the Government to put in place some restriction to protect their domestic market. That is not exclusive to the US but it seems the MO for US Corporations.

I prefer British Lamb. :D

Sponsored Links
Back