RCD through RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing underfloor heating in my bathroom and adding a spa bath. I wish to run the two items through their own RCD. Can I put the two RCD's on a ring circuit and just run the supply through one RCD and then the other and then allow the ring to contiue going on its path ?

I am just wondering if I trip the second in line RCD, that this would then trip the first.

I dont wish to sound thick but I just want peace of mind ...

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Like this?
[code:1]
Ring---------RCD FSU-----RCD FSU--------Ring
| |
| |
Heating Bath
[/code:1]

depends on the rating of the bath and the UFH as to whether they can go on the ring.

Spark123 said:
Like this?
[code:1]
Ring---------RCD FSU-----RCD FSU--------Ring
| |
| |
Heating Bath
[/code:1]

Yes - I will be using the PowerBreak model (30ma). The location of the two RCD'S are within 1 meter of the consumer unit - any problems with that ?

Sponsored Links
scottb said:
I am just wondering if I trip the second in line RCD, that this would then trip the first.
No it won't, but if the ring itself is RCD protected then there is no guarantee that an earth fault on the load side of one of the RCD FCUs will trip the local one instead of the main one, or that it won't trip both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back