ReChargeable Electric Carving Knife

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All searches I do for a Rechargeable Kitchen Carving Knife returns results for Mains Powered electric Carving knives.
Maybe rechargeable knives are not available for some reason that I can't imagine, it certainly won't be power requirements.
Has anyone identified such a kitchen Appliance?

Sponsored Links
Just as an addition to my question, searches I have made have identified rechargeable carving knives but only in the USA.
Cant find a UK manufacturer or Supplier.

You can’t beat a quality manual knife. Ever see a chef using an electric one?

Sponsored Links
Hi Freddiemercuryst. I would in fact use one several times a day for slicing fresh crusty bread. But that is not the point, I can't locate a rechargeable knife in the UK.

Mottie, You may be correct in a good quality manual knife and you are right regarding Chefs not using an electric knife, but as a chef has skills which I don't possess, I find it quite difficult to cut thin slices of beef or ham with a manual knife and consistent thickness bread which is easily achievable with an Electric knife.

Unfortunately neither of the answers so far address my enquiry,

It might be that a rechargeable electric knife is banned in the UK, an ordinary carving knife is a very dangerous weapon when in the hands of someone roaming the streets. An electric carving knife on the streets would be many times more dangerous.

An electric carving knife that has to be tethered to a wall socket is dangerous but at least it's danger is kept off the streets,

Mottie, You may be correct in a good quality manual knife and you are right regarding Chefs not using an electric knife, but as a chef has skills which I don't possess, I find it quite difficult to cut thin slices of beef or ham with a manual knife and consistent thickness bread which is easily achievable with an Electric knife.

Well, I'm no chef but with my carving knife, I can cut wafer thin slices of any meat. Crusty bread on the other hand is a different matter - despite having a super sharp bread knife, I can’t keep the knife straight and often end up with slices of bread that resemble a door wedge. If they didn’t take up so much space for the amount of use, I’d have slicing machine. Have you thought of one of those? https://www.argos.co.uk/product/707...K1qHyrnYOFiWWUguUZxoCvXsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It might be that a rechargeable electric knife is banned in the UK, an ordinary carving knife is a very dangerous weapon when in the hands of someone roaming the streets. An electric carving knife on the streets would be many times more dangerous.

An electric carving knife that has to be tethered to a wall socket is dangerous but at least it's danger is kept off the streets,
Personally, I wouldnt see why a battery electric knife is more dangerous .The end of and electric knife is quite a blunt and has serrated twin reciprocating blades so would only cut and not stab.
Ive not heard of anyone running down the street with an alligator saw yet but then Ive led a sheltered life:ROFLMAO:

looked at a kenwood carving knife and its 100w
now iff we assume the average power used is half so 50w
now iff we also assume the battery pack is 3x 3.6[10.8v ] to give a good triangle handle size then 50w for say 10 mins is 500wm [10.8 divided by 60=.83 amp] so assuming around 15% losses every 10 mins off run time will use an ah so a 3ah battery will last about half an hour
now as 90-95% off cooking or food preparation usually takes place within 6 foot off a power socket and the battery powered knife needing twice as much storage space as a pure electric knife its seems pointless when hand powered knifes are smaller very portable and fairly easy to use
off course arthritis can be helped with powered blades but a very small market for battery over mains ???
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenwood-...2a3a:g:z3YAAOSwttRfyjFa&LH_ItemCondition=1000

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hi Big-all,
Thanks for the Arithmetic, but it does not address the question. The reason for a battery knife is that when charged you can just pick it up and use it without the 'faff' of unravelling power leads which get in the way on a preparation surface and then gets in the way when using the thing. All of which would be solved by a Battery knife. Your link is like all of the others available i.e. a mains powered unit.
I still can't locate a battery knife from anywhere in the UK.

Hi Mottie, You are probably right and bernardgreen suggested earlier that they may be banned in the UK for reasons I cannot define.
But still no definitive information from DIYnot so far.

You can’t beat a quality manual knife. Ever see a chef using an electric one?

Yes, but only once. He made a right mess of a joint with it.

We were given one long ago, I only tried it the once then it went in the drawer with the electric tin opener and both eventually went in the bin. Some things are just unnecessary, when compared to the manual device.

Hi lostinthelight. I would like one BUT £95 for a 35 year old unit ?????? Also as it is from the US I would think it was a 110v charger unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back