Recommend a 10” circular saw blade?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My budget isn’t big, so I am after a cheap 10” circular saw blade for a table saw.

Do I look for a blade with as many teeth?

What are the pro and cons I need to look out for?

Also, my saw is missing the riving knife, are they universal or do I need one just for my saw brand and model, some sauces suggest universal…?

Sponsored Links
what is the brand of your saw
I recommend
saxtonblades fo rsaw blades

if you have had good results with the teeth you have
But ripsaw has fewer teeth and cross cut , i use different teeth depending on the results i want
how many teeth do you have now

I have a 250mm blade on mitre saw - with 60 & 80 teeth saxen & freud blades - good quality cuts

teeth number depends on main use
fewer teeth coarser cut minimum load
more teeth cleaner cut greater resistance possible burning if fed in too slow

Hello

Sorry, forgot the make and model, I brought this last week second hand, and other than a little tic, it seems a much better built saw than my current one, which is small, and needs bits added to it as many accessories are the worst quality going. Example, the fence (stock) easily twists if putting through anything bigger than 30mm high through.

My saw is a SIP 07776. Would love to know the cost when brand new, and if and where I can buy replacement parts for it. Do the parts need to be genuine/stock, or can I buy universal bits, example, the blades can be nearly any brand, but would the riving knife need to be original or can I buy an universal one?

Sponsored Links
looks like some of the spares have been discontinued
Maybe worth a call
I have the same issue with a 12year old car , citreon spare parts are difficult if not impossible to get

Saw blade - probably the Trend CSB 25048 will suit your purposes. It won't do Rip cuts as quick as a dedicated Rip blade will but I'd suggest it is a good compromise.

Last edited:
looks like some of the spares have been discontinued
Maybe worth a call
I have the same issue with a 12year old car , citreon spare parts are difficult if not impossible to get

Lucky I have everything I need for the saw, except a riveting blade, and a mitre assembly.

It did come with a blade, but the saw hasn’t been used for years, and the blade is rusty and I think needs replacing before any usages take place. I might be able to clean it up, and resharpen the teeth.

just clean the Riving Knife up. Measure the thickness - it needs to be the same thickness or slightly under the Saw blade cut thickness.

and

The above shows an allen key and spanner as accessories. I guess that you unscrew the red plate and use a spanner to lock the spindle and then the allen key to remove the blade.

As others have said- it might be worthwhile contacting SIP. Perhaps do it via email and send a link to this thread. They will gain kudos for trying to help you given that you will post back here.

This site is ranked as third in the UK in the "Home and Garden > Home Improvement and Maintenance" category on https://www.similarweb.com/website/diynot.com/#overview

Okay, so out of the following blades, what do you recommend?

So, in the meantime, would giving the old blade a quick sanding of the teeth therefore hopefully cleaning and slightly sharpening the teeth to allow for it to be used is an okay idea to do? Until I get the new blade delivered?

assuming the saw is fitted with a say 40-60 tooth blade then keep that for rough ripping down timber then only fit the 80 tooth for quality relatively smooth cutting

what are you cutting , and what finish are you after

I use a 80T on my 250mm mitre saw , works well

i use a 40T 165mm blade on my circular saw

and made windows seats , toilet furniture , from MRMDF and they work OK for me

The 80t blade is in my basket.

I will then have a 40t blade (just resharpen?) and 80t.
Thank you

New question regarding same saw…

Images show the online listing pictures and after my work cleaning, fixing bits, and making the saw operational once again. Although not yet turned it on.
Listing pics
IMG_2696.pngIMG_2697.png

After cleaning etc,
IMG_0577.jpegIMG_0576.jpeg

I have no manual for this saw, but I want to say the top was painted all black, and the base that green colour when brand new.

I am thinking of getting something similar to the green, and hopefully get a coat of paint on rust, no need primer and completely unsure what to do with the top. When spraying the base, I plan to just tape and mark off the areas I don’t want coated, but would it be easier to paint it if I can take it all apart? I am mostly talking about the inside areas.

The next thing I want to ask, would having feed rollers something like this (link below) allow me to not have a riving knife?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back